Friday, October 12, 2012

Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing

Source:

Very simple recipe and was fairly yummy. My daughter did not like the stuffing (that's nothing new with her) and my husband LOVED the stuffing. No complaints from my son (3 years old). I was neutral - I didn't love it, but it wasn't bad either. It probably would have been even better had it been cooked and eaten right away. When I made this, I forgot that we had a previous commitment at dinner time that night. So it was cooked, stuck in the fridge (still in the crockpot) and then reheated the next day (in the crockpot), so that might have had something to do with it.


Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 package stuffing mix (i.e., Stove Top)
1 can cream of chicken soup (or SOS mix, prepared)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup water

Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the crockpot. Top with dry stuffing mix. Combine condensed cream of chicken soup, sour cream and water. Pour over stuffing. Cook on low 4-6 hours.

*I might leave out the water in the recipe the next time and see how it turns out since I thought some of the stuffing was really really mushy. Tasted fine, but the mushy texture turned me off.

**I used SOS Mix, prepared, instead of the cream of chicken soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment