Wednesday, March 13, 2013

White Chicken Chili

White Chicken Chili
Source: SparkPeople

4 cans (15 oz. each) cannellini beans (8 cups cooked beans if cooked from dried)
1 can (29 oz.) petite cut diced tomatoes
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chiles
2 pkgs. McCormick White Chicken Chili seasoning
3 cups water
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)

1. Drain and rinse beans (this is to reduce the sodium since canned beans are high in sodium). Add beans, tomatoes, chiles, seasoning packets and 3 cups water to crockpot. Stir ingredients to mix well. Lay chicken breasts on top.
2. Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
3. Before serving shred chicken and mix throughout chili.

Makes approximately 12 (1 cup) servings.

*****

*I used a large turkey tenderloin instead of 2 chicken breasts.

My husband declared this recipe a winner. I'm on the fence. It was good, but I'm definitely not in love with it. It will still go into our rotation of meals though. Like I said, it was a good meal, but I wasn't in love with it. I've never had a white chicken chili before, so I might try another recipe sometime in the future. Until then, this is definitely in our meal rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment