Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps

What sold me on trying this recipe, was the picture that I saw on Semi Homemade Mom.

(Image borrowed from Semi Homemade Mom because her picture was the key to making my mouth water!)

Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps

1 lb ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I used a little more to taste)
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
pepper and salt to taste
5 flour tortillas (the larger ones)
shredded cheddar cheese
sliced tomatoes
yellow mustard

Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, dried onion, and salt and pepper to the beef and simmer for 5 minutes.

Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla. Add a few heaping tablespoons of the beef mixture on top of the cheese. Spread some mustard on top of the beef along with some slices of tomato. Roll up tortilla burrito-style and place wraps on preheated indoor grill (I used my George Foreman).

Grill wraps for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Cut on a diagonal and serve immediately.

My verdict:
I ended up making only four wraps with ours since I went a little heavy on the meat in the two that I made for my husband. His verdict on this recipe was that he liked it. My two year old son ate half of one pretty quickly. My daughter (who doesn't eat burgers) took a couple of bites to try it out and then declared that she didn't like it. No big surprise there since she won't eat a burger, ever. I thought it was pretty good, but I think I'll use ground turkey next time, since I rarely eat a burger that's not a turkey burger. Another option is to cook your normal burgers, and then cut it in half and proceed with the rest of the recipe (layering in the tortilla). I do think I'll try using sliced American cheese next time too. This recipe was really easy to make, and was pretty yummy.

We topped ours depending upon our personal tastes. I didn't use any lettuce on any wraps since I never eat lettuce on sandwiches, and lettuce hasn't been agreeing with me lately either. I put ketchup and mustard on the one for the kids, and the same for mine, but I also added tomato and pickles on my wrap and served it with a little mayonnaise on my plate. For the hubs, I made one like mine and one with his choice of "sauce" along with tomato. All were quite yummy.

*The meat for this recipe can be cooked in bulk and frozen for quick prep in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment