Thursday, February 16, 2012

3-2-1 Cake for One

There's a cake recipe that I've seen a lot lately that almost sounded too good to be true because it was extremely simple to make, extremely simple in ingredients AND low calorie too! This recipe allows you to make a single serving of just about any type of cake that is really low in calories.



3-2-1 Cake for One

1 box Angel Food cake mix*
1 box cake mix, any flavor

Mix the two dry cake mixes together in a gallon size zip lock bag (or a sealable container). Do not add anything else to it.

When you're ready to make your personal cake, place 3 tablespoons dry cake mix in a bowl, mix with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Voila! Your personal cake is ready!

The cake (once cooled) is very fluffy and yummy. I topped mine with a small amount of low-fat whipped cream. I figured everybody who tries this is probably going to go the route of making a chocolate cake of some sort, so I tried a lemon cake mix. It was great.

*The key to this recipe working (from what I understand) is that you MUST use an Angel Food cake mix as 1/2 of the recipe. I don't know what would happen if you don't, but it works absolutely great so I'm not messing with it.

UPDATE: I've since tried this with a chocolate cake mix. I had my doubts as to how it would taste because it didn't mix up quite like the lemon mix did, and it didn't smell as yummy when it cooked. Once it cooled (I don't like warm cake), I ate it plain and it was very yummy. Definitely took care of my chocolate craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment