Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Homemade Potato Chips


Homemade Potato Chips
Source: Allrecipes for inspiration

Ingredients:
1 potato (for a single serving)
Seasonings

Directions:
Cut potato into extremely thin slices. I used what I had on hand, and a suggestion of a tip on allrecipes, and sliced mine with my vegetable peeler. Since this was the method I was using, I peeled my potatoes and dispossed of the peel. I then "peeled" the rest of my potato into thin slices.

Line microwave tray with parchment paper. Spray lightly with cooking oil (just to keep from sticking). Spread out potato slices in a single layer without touching. You may spray lightly with cooking oil (I don't), and sprinkle with seasonings. I just use a little bit of sea salt.

Cook on high until chips are browning. They are done then. Well, at least that's when I think they taste the best. For my slicing method, and my microwave, it's about 5 to 7 minutes when mine are done. Keep in mind the more potatoes in there the longer it takes, therefore the less slices, the shorter the cooking time. Let cool for about a minute and dig in. They are heaven!

1 comment:

  1. I tried your recipe! After review, I'm going to have to make it again...I couldn't keep my hands off the little chips! I used sweet potatoes. Thanks for posting this! Here's what I did with it: http://greenmommydiapers.com/2011/07/17/garden-roots/

    ReplyDelete