Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cream Cheese Chicken

Cream Cheese Chicken
Source: Dottie (hokiesmom on BBC)

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately 2 lbs trimmed)
1-2 pkgs. dry Ranch or Italian Dressing mix (used 1 pkt dry Spicy Ranch, and 1 pkt dry original Ranch)
1 can cream of onion soup (can use any cream of __ soup, can also be left out and it still tastes yummy)
8 oz light cream cheese -- cut into cubes
1/2 cup chicken broth (I never need any chicken broth since I use frozen chicken breasts)
4 oz sliced white button mushrooms (optional - I leave these out most of the time now)
4 cups cooked rice

Place chicken in a Crock Pot, spritz chicken with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, sprinkle 1 pkg dry Spicy Ranch mix (which ever one you're using) over all. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. About 45 minutes before done, I pulled the chicken out of the crockpot and shredded it then put it back in the crock pot. (I no longer do this. Instead, I remove the chicken, and mix in the remaining ingredients. I then add the chicken back in, and chop/shred it up with a wooden spoon.) Add soup, second packet of dry dressing mix, cream cheese, mushrooms and chicken broth (you may or may not need the broth, most of the time I don't add any), and cooked rice. Mix it up and let it cook another 45-1 hour.

This is absolutely deliscious and one of my personal favorites. I cook this fairly often.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites too!! We're having it next week!!

    ReplyDelete